Short Walk Off A Long Pier

Random thoughts...random facts....random streams of consciousness.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

NEW TAKE OUT---Make Mine Korean!!!!!!

So, I dedicate this post to my sweetie & best friend, Ann Yoo! Ann had taken me to the Kum Gang San (I think that's how it's spelled, but I'm a cracker, so excuse the incorrect spelling if it's not) right before I left NYC yet again. And after lying to me for 7 years about how she was going to take me, I experienced what can only be an eye opening (har har) experience.

The food was insane. My eyes, nose and mouth watered simultaneously, and I couldn't get enough kimchi. Was in a word...DELISH!

So, as many Korean-Philadelphians chose to follow their dry cleaner calling instead of cooking, I came back to Philly with very little options to satiate my growing jonesing for the Korean. That is, until Giwa opened up a couple of blocks from my work.

Well as I type, I'm scarfing down Bulgogi, Rice & Kimchi, and I think I may actually stop at Giwa on the way home to get some more kimchi. It's soooooo good, and incredibly small. And I want more.....KOREAN KIMCHI!!!

But damn, had to write about how good the food is (and affordable for at least 2 or 3 times a month, maybe four) and thank Ann again for showing me that Thai food ain't got nothing on Korean.

Yum.

3 Comments:

Blogger BLAND said...

Thai = third rate.

Welcome to the Kum Gang. Get ready for your first pearl necklace!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

YAY!!! KUM GANG....

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the family :)

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home