Short Walk Off A Long Pier

Random thoughts...random facts....random streams of consciousness.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

re: Sleater-Kinney Concert approaches...and so does, Andy Dick?


So I'm heading to the Sleater-Kinney concert next Monday, 7/31, with two cool kids from NYC, the soon at the altar pair of Nate & Jenny, and I'm totally psyched to be able to go see a great show with two people I adore...but I do have one thing that gives me pause.

And that one thing is...Andy Dick. Now, Andy Dick is not his real name, but the nickname I assigned to my ex when we stopped talking a few months back. I figure the name serves a two-fold purpose, giving people who haven't (and have) met him an idea of who he looks like and allowing him anonymity just in case I trash his (pseudo) name.

Which I don't intend to do, but back to the (Andy) Dick. He positively adores Sleater-Kinney and could not contain his overjoyed nature when he heard The Woods for the first time. He proceeded to foist a burned copy of the CD onto me, and finally after his urging, I did listen to the CD and thought it was definitely an amazing album.

Well, my issue is that we haven't talked or seen each other (except for the occasional glimpse of him skulking down the street) for months and as Sleater-Kinney is breaking up, I know he'll be at the show. And probably with his latest boyfriend, Cippolini. Again, not his real name.

So (and I know it's not a matter of 'if') when I see him, what should I do? I avoid eye contact, keep a berth of 3 feet between he and I at all times and vomit on him should he speak to me?

Just curious what your opinion is. He kind of hurt my feelings right before we stopped speaking, so it's not as though I hate him, but let's just say he's a...Andy Dick!

Ah, screw it, if I see him, I'll give him a "Fuck Off" look and go abouts having fun with Nate & Jenny at a cool show. Issue resolved.

3 Comments:

Blogger BLAND said...

A little tip when you run into an ex that you are ambivalent about: always take the high road. Be cordial, nice, friendly or don't say anything to him. And when he sticks his hand up your skirt to caress your thigh, just walk away. Like Kelly Clarkson says, WALK AWAY.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

But maybe I want a little thigh action...dammit, Ann, how come yoo get to have thigh action, but I have to be Kelly Clarkson???!?!?

3:31 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

OK, I'll either be cordial or silent (but deadly) ;)

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home