Short Walk Off A Long Pier

Random thoughts...random facts....random streams of consciousness.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Final Destination 3...


So as some of you may know, I have a penchant for horror movies, whether they be brilliantly crafted or totally pieces of crap (Leah/Ann, perhaps you can vouch for this with your Killer Instincts). On Wednesday night, I got to see a movie that falls somewhere between the two...perhaps closer to the latter, but it was beyond enjoyable in a can't catch your breath, they're killing people really crazily sort of way. The movie of which I speak - Final Destination 3.

Now some of you may be saying to yourself, "Ryan, you monger of horror movie cheese, you lover of all things awful and bad...tell me you're not going to praise that recycled piece of celluloid feces." Well, folks, I am going to praise the movie.

Compared in tone to the first and second movies, I'd say it's closer to Final Destination 2, which is actually a good thing. While the first doesn't hold up as a gratifying thrill ride upon repeat viewings, the second film really was a shining example of what a horror movie should be (if it can't be a classic, that is) - a no holds barred, breathtaking display of inventive grue and crazy deaths.

So if you're not sure that you would like this film, let's give you a skeleton outline of what to expect. Character development? No, derr. Crazy ass rollercoaster crash with bodies flying everywhere that includes people stuck upside down in a loop while holding on for dear life to their harnesses? Yep. Tanning beds that kill? Uh-huh. Things that will make you reconsider visiting a fast food drive thru, gym, home improvement store (Homo Depot? Hell to the no!), fireworks display, or even the New York Subway. That's right, my Gotham friends...you're not safe in the subway.

Anyways, I really enjoyed the film. Smirk if you will. Question my taste if you must. But damn if I wasn't really entertained for a little over 90 minutes. And by the way, that goth-y looking girl above...one of the most horrific/surprising deaths I've seen in a long, long time.

And yes, Ann, I'm going to make you watch this when it comes out on DVD, so be prepared.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

hehe....we could. :)

12:15 PM  
Blogger BLAND said...

I refuse to watch that movie.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

methinks you doth protest too much, ann....come on...watch it with us....watch it...WATCH IT!!! :)

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it scarier than listening to what goes on in Ann's room when Mike sleeps over??

3:42 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Pete, C'mon, nothing's scarier than that...hachee machee.

3:53 PM  
Blogger BLAND said...

I AM NOT LOUD!!!!

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home